Knights of Columbus Council 765
The Knights of Columbus Council 765 is a group of Catholic men eighteen years old or over. These men are members of Holy Ghost Parish, Dickeyville, WI; Immaculate Conception Parish, Kieler, WI; St. Patricks Parish, Benton, WI; and St. Rose of Lima Parish, Cuba City, WI.
As of Jan. 1, 2019, the council has 160 members. The member types are: 88 Associate, 51 with insurance, 18 Inactive. Within the 160, 10 are Honorary, 29 Honorary Life, and 27 are 4th Degree Members of Father Samuel Mazzuchelli Assembly #1202 and 11 of them are members of the Honor Guard.
Annual Council Activities
- Monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of all months, except February, August and October.
- The Valentine and Columbus Day Family Banquets are held at local Supper Clubs.
- In lieu of regular meeting, a steak and sweet corn feed is held at the KC Pavilion near Splinter Park during August.
- Pray ‘N Play family events are held on the 4th Monday of each month (The Rosary, Litany, hymns, and 6 games of euchre).
- Tootsie Roll Sales benefit Badger Camp and the Apostolate for Persons with Disabilities. The KC's facilitate participation at the Apostolate for Persons with Disabilites event in August at the Tommy Bartlett Water Show, Wisconsin Dells, and at the Annual Christmas Party held at Monroe High School Gym.
- The Cuba City-Dickeyville-Kieler Benton Knights raise funds for charity through cookouts at Weber's, Thompson's IGA, and Veteran's Park Community Market and operate concessions at the annual June Power Pull event.
- The Punt, Pass & Kick for ages 8-12 are held at the Cuba City HS OA Barth Athletic Field.
- The Family Christmas Party is held on the 1st Saturday of December at the St. Rose Gym.
- The annual Free Throw Competition for ages 9-14 is held during January and February at the St. Rose Gym.
- The Knowledge Contest is held each year for grades 5-8 during January and February.
- The KC’s facilitate participation at the Days for the Handicapped held in August at the Tommy Bartlett Water Show, Wisconsin Dells, and at the Christmas Party held at the Monroe High School Gym.
- The Council contributes to local food pantries at Benton and Hazel Green.
- The members help out at Badger Camp, and do road clean up twice per year.
- The Council has posted a Right-to-Life sign along Highway 80 North of Cuba City.
- Those in need are helped with proceeds from the State Charity raffle.
- The Council helps other youth groups, in the kitchen, with their fundraising meals.
- 2 delegates are sent to the annual State Conventions.
The current Grand Knight is:
Phone: 608 583-3283
If you are interested in joining or transferring into our council, please contact our Financial Secretary:
Joseph A. Timmerman
CLICK HERE to go back to learn more about Cuba City's Clubs & Organizations.